In conjunction with the Prime Contractor, Ballard provided a 4 to 6 member commercial dive and ROV team to support daily services for the project located at the Detroit Waste Water Treatment Plant.
- Inspection of stop log locations and assist with installation and removal of stop logs in various locations in the plant
- ROV Inspection of Primary Effluent Conduit 640ft (214m)
- ROV Inspection of the East Effluent Conduit 1,930ft (643m)
- ROV inspection of the Rouge River Outfall Conduit 940ft (314m)
- The inspection was performed with a long distance Seabotix vLBV950 ROV equipped with forward facing color high definition cameras, rear facing black and white camera, profiling & sector scan sonar systems and video recording devices.
- The ROV crew collected internal profile images of the conduit system every 25ft to 100ft to determine general dimensions of the structure, connection portal locations with dimensioning, pump inspection and sediment levels.
- Ballard performed underwater diver penetration inspection of the East Effluent Conduit
- Diver inspection of the Primary Effluent Conduit
- Diver inspection of the Rouge River Outfall Conduit